Monday, October 25, 2010

Isaiah 40:12

"12. Who hath measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, and meted out heaven with the span and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales, and the hills in a balance?"

This verse is Isaiah's poetic way of saying that God knows us each intimately. If he keeps track of the dust of the earth and can measure the ocean, he definitely will be able to know more about me than I can know about myself.

Yet, this perfect God of infinite power gives me the opportunity to have a personal relationship with Him. To allow me to come to know Him as He knows me.

I was talking to some people on Saturday about our relationship with God. If we had children that were constantly coming to us and only asking for things, that would not build a very strong relationship, and I realized it would make me a quite annoyed mom. Although each of us do have things we need, I hope we are taking the time to be thankful and listen to what Heavenly Father is trying to tell us. I hope we are trying to serve His other children and be an instrument in His hands. I hope He can rely on me like I rely on Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment