Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Proverbs 15:1

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." Proverbs 15:1

"Too often we use communication periods to tell, dictate, plead or threaten. Nowhere in the broadest sense should communication in the family be used to impose, command or embarrass. How important it is to know how to disagree without being disagreeable."
Elder Marvin J. Ashton CR May 76, p 52

I feel it is much easier to be kind and understanding and loving with members outside of our home than those actually in the home. And that is why the home is our laboratory of love and learning. This is what I work on every single day, and something I am getting better at. I was thinking of when my husband I were first married 5 years ago, to now, and I am getting much better at listening, understanding, and even sacrificing my wants and desires for our communication to be much better, and to disagree without being disagreeable. I still have far to go, but it is wonderful to look back and at least see progress in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment