Thursday, July 1, 2010

Choose you this day

I am going to be teaching a primary class of girls ages 10-11 for the next few weeks. We are on the lesson of Joshua and the Battle of Jericho, and I am struck by how much I had forgotten of those scriptures and principles in that story although I had just studied it for Sunday School a few weeks ago. These mortal minds are so quick to forget. All the more reason I see to be studying the word of God EVERY SINGLE DAY. If I had forgotten that so quickly in 7 weeks, how many more principles and words of God would I miss if I chose to only study every other day, or only those days I'm not too busy.

One of my favorite scriptures also comes from Joshua where he has all his people gathered and he asks them to "choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

And Jesus when he says in Matthew 6:24 "No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon."

So what will it be for you today? And everyday hereafter? Do you choose God or something else?

No comments:

Post a Comment