Tuesday, March 23, 2010

And so it begins

Scripture Cravings. Do you ever have those? I find myself going in and out of scripture cravings in my life. Sometimes I really do crave to hear and drink from the word of God- and other times I nibble at the scriptures because my appetite seems to have dwindled. I know when I am studying to teach something my appetite also correlatingly increases, so that's what blog is for. A scripture notes/online class group/spiritual and scriptural uplifting thoughts blog for me.

Just so you know, I also hate writing. Many of my siblings have been so blessed with writing that they write something once and shazam it's exactly how they want it for the final draft. (And that's why two of them went into the field of journalism) I usually have to write and rewrite and edit and revise 100 times and I still don't like the final cut. However, when I teach I love to revise and rewrite all the time- just in my head, not on paper.

So if you will excuse me- I'm going to just write what's in my head. If you can't handle grammatical mistakes or someone making up words, then stop reading this blog now. I'm not going to try to make it perfect on paper- that's not my gift, but I love teaching- partly because I love learning, and I hope despite my weakness in writing that love of teaching and the scriptures will shine through.

Also, I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You may have heard of us as the Mormons or Latter-day Saints or LDS- all of these are the same church, and I love my religion and the gospel we teach. I am here to post uplifting and inspiring thoughts for all though, so please join in even if you aren't affiliated with this religion.

3 comments:

  1. Wow Brooke--I'm with you all the way!! Love Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way I write too, it's better that way! Sounds like a great iday for a blog! I look forward to more entries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke,
    You have such great ideas. I very often find myself in Spiritual ruts. I know it's my own fault. I get overwhelmed in just the thought of picking myself up and getting back on track, spiritually. I think a blog like this could really help me. I'll be following along here with you for inspiration. Maybe I will start one of these myself, not to be a copycat, but to make myself search and record my spiritual thoughts, experiences, studies, and testimony. Keep up the good work. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete